2014-15' Donations

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Bit of Background I

So I started this blog last year per request and at the advice of friends to document my journey till 2012 London Olympics. Track, although on a seemingly public stage, has always been a personal journey for me. It is for this reason I find it difficult to update my blog. I do in fact have journals of every track practice post-college and every body change I’ve had since my junior year of high school. I have been running track since the 4th grade. I would say that my love for track forged from my initial thoughts as a child that I was a superhero. When I was a kid I used to think I had tons of superpowers, speed being one of them. As years went by all the other things that I thought were my “super powers” ended up being figments of my imagination. For instance I used to think I had the ability to see the world moving; never quite realizing it was the clouds. The one physical power that always seemed to remain with me was my speed. Any time I had a chance to race someone I would race. Every grade I’ve been in since 4th grade, one of the most important things I always had to do was run against the fastest girl then after beating them; I’d race the fastest boy. In high school I was the fastest person for two years in a row in my state. Eventually in college I went on to study Journalism and train on a track scholarship at Cal State Long Beach where I was NCAA qualifier, was apart of a 4x100 relay that still holds the record at CSULB, placed 4th fastest in the region in the 200 and 5th fastest in the 100.

I am now on route towards one of my final destinations in track, 2012 London Olympics. But, before I get there I have a few stops on the way. Last summer I qualified and competed on the track circuit in Belgium, Italy, London and France. It was an amazing and challenging experience. I will be competing again this year on the circuit, competing in much faster and challenging races.

No comments:

Post a Comment